Three's Company


Written September 22, 2010. Lucky to be best friends with the subject of this poem, even if it does sound a tad creepy. :P

Looking in from the outside
Fingers pressed against the pane
I watch you laugh, I watch her joke
And I search for the space
That ought to be me

Coming back from the outside
I see your hand in hers
I see you walk towards me
I smile and wave and hurry past
And look back for the space
That ought to be me

Falling into bed
After a long, long day
I watch you two chatter
Merrily, on your bed
Across the room
I wonder why I am so close
Yet feel so far, because
There's no space i see
That ought to be me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Throwback: Waltzing to the Tune of Rhetoric

Sweet Summer Child: A Love Letter

Review: Vampire Academy #2 - Frostbite