Nightmare Quest


The rain is at my window
As I collapse, lifeless
As sleep and comfy pillows
Take over
For an hour or two
A dreamworld snatched
From heady reality

On a cliff
The wind at my back
I'm running down
And to the beach
Your figure I spy
With your back to mine

The years I searched
Pass before my eyes
I reach this point
That brings to an end
The tireless quest
The tears and sighs

You turn around
And I run
Into your embrace
The feel of your fingers
Running through my hair

I look up into your eyes
And smile
You have no face
I wake up
My bed soaked in sweat
The nightmare ends
But the quest runs on

Written September 12, 2010

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Throwback: Waltzing to the Tune of Rhetoric

Sweet Summer Child: A Love Letter

Review: Vampire Academy #2 - Frostbite