The Evil Queen


Written October 10, 2010

Deep in the sanctuary of privacy...
Hidden away from prying eyes
Closing the doors to public eyes

Once again I curl up in my bed of needles...
Close to the darts that pierce my heart...
Those that have nothing to do with the ones on my skin
Tired of Destiny's little dance of misery...
Seeking sleep and solace

But none would come....

The tears roll down my cheeks
Sobbing silently, hidden away behind barriers and blockades
Trapped in my own silent bubble.... only the shadows to keep me company

I feel Them hit the walls, scrabbling to find a way in
A way to wake my sorrow... make it a matter of public scorn

They call me a witch n hurl abuse
They cut off my supplies, I'm all alone
They take courage in their multitude... a crowd against the throne

Behind my barred windows, I pretend not to hear; I curl up in my bed and cry some more

I'm stone hearted and insensitive
For not responding to their jeers... or giving in to my fears

But behind the pale blue muslin, the snowy exterior
Behind the unrelenting eyes...
Hidden in the dark, restrained by trembling lips and teary eyes
Afraid to open up, afraid to trust
Too afraid to move or speak, afraid to sleep, afraid to do anything
A quivering wreck of nervous grief; a mass of jumbled thoughts
Emotions running too deep

A target I've become, complete with rings
White and blue and red... bang on come your arrows
Piercing the tender golden flesh
Reduced to mere victory points

And yet again, and again, as I wear this mask
Carved features set in gemstone
Rich robes and expression of scorn;
Covering up the diseased flesh

Tears hidden beneath layers of facade
Rejecting abuse and never letting show
What the strain has reduced me to...

Queen of my country I remain, till the walls do fall
Queen of my country I will be... long after the winds have changed..
Long after the sun would bend gently its gaze
On the ruins of this turret.. my last safe haven.. my last retreat

Locked in, for my own safety... I look out with longing
Bidding goodbye.... breathing in for the last time the fresh air...
High above the commotion... on a plane away from the misery
This little window... my only reach to freedom... only claim to happiness

The swallows take my last words... whispered notes of Bittersweet
Never forget me, I say... Thanks for the memories

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Throwback: Waltzing to the Tune of Rhetoric

Sweet Summer Child: A Love Letter

Review: Vampire Academy #2 - Frostbite