Shades of Grey


Written December 12, 2010. 

'Tis a fine line I tread
Betwixt sanity and loneliness
'Tis a fine balance I hold
Tonight

There's only two ways from here
Perhaps more
Those I cannot see
Only two ways that spread
From under my feet

They beckon me
Forward with malicious glint
Shining along their courses
I lean forward and follow
Each as far with my eye

They lead me to familiar hollows
And clearings oft visited
But neither paths I wish to take
Knowing what's to come

I'd rather walk the finer line
Shining in between
Knowing well that a hint of wind
Could blow my thoughts away
Into another circle of Hell
Where pandamonium reigns

I'd rather walk the finer line
Till the fog clears
Till maybe the wind lets up
Till perhaps my life should take
A turn for the better
And I espie
The bend in the road

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Throwback: Waltzing to the Tune of Rhetoric

Sweet Summer Child: A Love Letter

Review: Vampire Academy #2 - Frostbite