She Loves You


Written December 19, 2010

Standing on the shore
Watching the waves come in 
She cuts a fine figure perched on the rock

The wind is in her hair
The smile is on her lips
She looks like she could kiss the world tonight

Her arms welcome the night
That’s rolling in with the tide
Her laugh accompanies the rays of sunlight
Fading away into the west

I wish I could tell you
What she is thinking
I bet you would kill to know

I wish I could tell you
That your journey’s over
That the thought curving her lips up
Is you

Comments

  1. For a lawyer, you write really well..bereft of legalese..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) I'm technically not a lawyer, though. I left law school halfway through.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave an opinion!

Popular posts from this blog

Throwback: Waltzing to the Tune of Rhetoric

Sweet Summer Child: A Love Letter

Review: Vampire Academy #2 - Frostbite