Sleepless Eyes


Written December 19, 2010

A wind blows in from somewhere
Fanning the tongues of an old flame
Something stirs under the woodwork
And I turn to look out the window

The night seems to alight upon my window sill
The thinnest strip of wind rushes through my hair
Through this crack in the window
Through this crack left open in my heart

I wish I had the courage to get up
From my vantage point on the couch
This breath of air annoys me
I must either open it to the fullest
Or close it forever more

The silence reigns supreme
And my fingers against the keys pay obseiance
As I gaze into the darkness
That rushes past me
I think of another pair of sleepless eyes
Gazing back out at me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Throwback: Waltzing to the Tune of Rhetoric

Sweet Summer Child: A Love Letter

Review: Vampire Academy #2 - Frostbite