Throwback: Waiting for the Roof To Fall In, or Me To Fall Off


Written May 31, 2010
Spoiler Alert: the roof fell in, and I fell off. 

Does anyone know where I am tonight???

Search for me everywhere, search, and you won't find. 'Cause you don't know where to look for me tonight.
Look out the window, and ask the wind, that know it all. No? Oh well, dip into facebook, and all the other chatrooms. It's past midnight, and there are plenty of people out there. No? Check the beaches, and lovers' corners. Tap into late night conversation between friends, lovers, or ex- lovers. No? Check the kitchen, is the fridge open, any signs of a midnight snack? Check the church, am I out there, stalking some cute guy or the other?

No.

Check with my ipod, does it know where I am? My novel lies open on the couch, abandoned. The TV remote lies next to it, all but forgotten. Check with my pillow, why am I still awake in the wee hours of the morning?

She was too tired to fall asleep, says my pillow.

Somewhere in the big house, my watch beep- beeps. But I fail to notice. I'm lost in something, lost somewhere. Where? Where am I tonight?

A couple of pages fresh from the printer lie on the table, deceivingly inconspicous. They are my dream. My dream come true. And somehow, nothing feels real anymore.

The last thing I remember was the Meadow. There were rabbits; white and red and violet. I chased them into the woods, the woods that looked so inviting, so promising. And then I was falling, falling, and my world was crashing down around my ears. I fell and hit the ground, and looked up. The sides were too steep, I couldn't hope to climb up the rabbit hole.

And I looked around, and found myself in Wonderland.

That was eons ago. Today, I stepped through the looking glass. I stepped out of Wonderland, and onto the top of the world. Which is where I am right now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Throwback: Waltzing to the Tune of Rhetoric

Sweet Summer Child: A Love Letter

Review: Vampire Academy #2 - Frostbite