Throwback: Sleepy Zonk - One Half Firang Politician Stewed and Nettled


Note: Written August 15, 2010; #TBT the time I saw RG IRL.

It's not everyday of your life that you see a damned famous politician with an even more famous history get pissed off just because somebody had the balls to criticize, in detail, the working of his organization, as it was a couple of years ago. But you really have to hand it to the guy for converting like EVERY fucking thing that was said today by anybody who was not NALSAR the dog into potential votes. Small wonder the LTTE 'representative' sitting beside me was pissing her pants in fury. =)

I kind of floated through most of today in a sleep deprived Zonked Zone, just because I got up after only 3 hours of sleep so I could have the luxury of a 45 minute shower. I did wake up briefly to do the preliminary round of the most sadistic quiz I have ever seen. Indeed, the answer to the first question was Sadism and Masochism, so go figure.

"Suffering may well build character, but you won't be able to enjoy this unless you connect two European noblemen. Tie them up or tie them down..."

It's kind of lucky that I have that talent that enables one to sleep anywhere, and through anything. I guess that's kind of the legacy left behind by two years of sleeping through Giggling Benchmates, Noisy Classmates, Physics lectures and six Chemistry periods at a stretch. I mean, when you've slept stretched out on a wooden bench, with your arms crossed across your face to keep out the light, then sleeping for an hour in an autorickshaw with your head in your arms and your friends sharing music over your head is absolutely nothing. And I'm pretty sure that this was something that helped in preventing me from falling out of my chair and onto my face as the (probable) future PM of the country was speaking.

It's surprising how, the moment you get out of your car to investigate the road block, the block disappears. And it's surprising how, when you think about it (or have it pointed out to you, as the case may be), your respect for yourself actually grows.

It's surprising how sometimes one size fits all. Or rather, how everyone else's sizes seem to fit me. And I'm not even just talking about clothes. It's funny how sometimes, when you've taken the leap of faith with your eyes closed, and it's like your leaving the doubts behind, you actually feel just a little bit freer. This must be what the great enlightened souls (high on pot, of course) keep telling you. Leave behind everything else, embrace pot, and experience Nirvana.

No, really. =P

Here's to extra classes, and to realizing that I'd rather be average, or even below average among the very best, than be average, or the zonked out loser in an awfully average class. Especially an awfully average class that doesn't know how to get a life, or even score a top mark of 90% in the boards.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Throwback: Waltzing to the Tune of Rhetoric

Sweet Summer Child: A Love Letter

Review: Vampire Academy #2 - Frostbite