Angel By The Fountain

Written November 11, 2010

By this fountain of memories I stand
And watch again as the angel of my heart
Steps forward in a transfigured form
The same girl and yet not the same

I and she are halves to the whole
Where she’s complete, I lack
What I have fulfilled she has not

When she wasn't here; a hole
In my heart, a cavernous nether land
Of sadness and fear
When she came, the pain
Lifted and yet intensified
The tears I shed were for
The time we had left

She’s every beat of my heart
The pulse of my life; the sunlight
That shines in a remote corner of my life

Another day will come around
And I’ll embrace you with tears in my eyes
Another day when as phantoms
Our memories come alive again in us

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Throwback: Waltzing to the Tune of Rhetoric

Sweet Summer Child: A Love Letter

Review: Vampire Academy #2 - Frostbite