Throwback: Territory, Turf, and Mist That Doesn't Clear

So many things to talk about in the coming month. Inspiration. Determination. Love, and associated imagery which I never tire of. Silence, Dreams and Fears. Things I did, and will do... and would want to keep doing forever.
Photo by Nick Morrison on Unsplash

Written November 28, 2010

So November's almost over, and I'm finally getting over my bout of irrational paranoia re: blogs that forced me to stop blogging. Of course, things aren't going to be the same. But that isn't going to stop me from hitting 100 posts.

What's funny is that this is the NaNoWriMo. The National Novel Writing Month, for the uninitiated, requires all of us aspiring writers to accomplish 50000 words in 30 days. So, while together with NaNoWriMo and two research papers, I've done more writing this month that in most other months, my blog stands at two posts.

So this isn't a funny post. It isn't a seriously lyrical post. It isn't even a random post. This is probably what you would refer to as filler. Except it's just me trying to get my head straight. It's also me telling you that the Princess has been too caught up in non princessedom type affairs to actually come talk about her double life.

So many things to talk about in the coming month. Inspiration. Determination. Love, and associated imagery which I never tire of. Silence, Dreams and Fears. Things I did, and will do... and would want to keep doing forever. (Don't ask what, ask who!) =P

Of expectations, and connotations, of territory and turf. Of trust, and friendship, and relationships. Of Facebook stalking, and old friends and places I dream of sometimes. Planning weddings, book signings and the odd dream date with a cute bandie. Of Strawberry Fields, and mist that refuses to clear.

But all that is for another post... maybe even for another day. This month wasn't for talking about these things, it was about living them, and experiencing them. This month was for understanding that pain is inevitably interlinked with pleasure, and for bracing me to face both without flinching.

Here's to Bruges, where I might go for my honeymoon. Here's to Hamesha Tumko Chaha* and to chocolate, and to that 100 bucks you find in your purse long after you'd lost hope of having any money, and resigned yourself to being broke.

*My Demented Roommate


Notes: I no longer want to go to Bruges for my honeymoon -- or have a honeymoon, or get married, for that matter. I'm going to skim over the "wink-wink" talk with a disgusted sigh, and simply enjoy this throwback to my first ever NaNoWriMo. (I did not finish that year, but I did devote a lot of time to it over project submissions and other uninteresting garbage.) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Throwback: Waltzing to the Tune of Rhetoric

Sweet Summer Child: A Love Letter

Review: Vampire Academy #2 - Frostbite