Melting Fire


Written July 19, 2012

And again each time
I feel that gaze
I'll know and remember
A tainted sky
The perverse lovers
That graced its walls
I'll know and remember
The way you looked
And then the way
You looked away
I'll know and remember
Shards of pain

Starburst inside me
Every time I draw a breath/ Shaky 
Like glass figurines in the dark/ Eager 
To play/ To dance
On the brink
Of a chaotic world

A while since you've been gone
Your face lingering
In the days we avoid/ Glaring 
At forbidden corners of the world
Tendrils that reach out at night
I'll know and remember
Covering my thoughts
In a blanket of you

Walking down a path covered 
In snow that tucks itself 
In behind my foot steps and 

We're almost at the bridge
Over it even as we speak
I'll know and remember
Turning back for one last look
Before I bend down/ And set
My light to inflammable footsteps of snow

I'd walk away
As though trapped
In a slow motion reel
As a light within begins to burn
Catching fire with the rest

Breaking me into a run
'Cause I remember and cannot bear
Another minute of the pain
One last time
The freedom to cry
For anything else

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Throwback: Waltzing to the Tune of Rhetoric

Sweet Summer Child: A Love Letter

Review: Vampire Academy #2 - Frostbite