Throwback: A New Frontier

Photo by frank mckenna on Unsplash
Well. I was going through posts from my old blog to add to the "Throwback" series when I came across bona fide evidence of cool-girling.
You see, as far as I'm concerned, all girls have this one true best friend, the one to whom you say everything, no matter how dirty or disgusting it is. But after that, surviving the whole best friend minefield is a dicey business, I tell you. 
Now, no offence to my guy friends, (and any guy readers)-- because I love you guys... but boys are stupid in a lot of ways. They're good with mechanics, and engines, and directions. But at spotting the obvious, at doing the right thing, at following their heart and when it comes to girls, in general, they are idiots. Period. 
But however, guys do know how to have fun. In style. Why? My good friend Pavvi has a theory. She thinks its because they just don't care. I think she may have a point there... because after all, guys have been brought up that way... warned less about social backlashes and the consequences of your actions. 
Now, if you'll excuse me, I think this is where my girliness ends, and the tomboy takes over. Because, you see, I have a lack of concern towards consequences that borders on the insane. It's not for nothing that I tend to refer to myself as more high and crazier when sober, as opposed when drunk. I'm a cautious drunk, I'll give myself that. 
Which, I guess, is the reason I like to hang out with guys more than with girls. Next to the solitude and the company of my laptop and my music... yeah, I think guys are cool. 
But they are incredibly protective of that freedom they get in their 'boys only' outings... their license to crack perverted 'your mom' and 'that's what she said' jokes... to objectify all the girls they want to... and so on.
To break into that frontier, and to be accepted as one of them, is difficult. One wrong move that exposes you for what your really are- an oblique, malicious, gossipping, nagging, vengeful girl... and poof!
But it's the challenge that I live for.
- Me, December 14, 2010.

Well. That explains a lot. 
And makes me want to rip my own hair out in frustration. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Throwback: Waltzing to the Tune of Rhetoric

Sweet Summer Child: A Love Letter

Review: Vampire Academy #2 - Frostbite