Battles Ending


Photo by Luis Galvez on Unsplash

Written May 26, 2014

Il y a longtemps que je t'aime
Jamais je ne t'oublierai*

What are these tendrils of Time 
That my little feet trip on ?
What are these bumps in the road 
That I must stumble into ?

Is it not possible to run far away
To a place far back beyond Time 
Is it not possible to hide somewhere 
Forgotten long ago 

What are these tears I find 
Upon my pillow each night ?
Whose face is it I miss
That I can now barely recall ?

Was it only yesterday
That I spoke to you with words breaking 
O'er the great bad reef/ My heart
Crushing itself inside out ?

We're going away now 
We're never turning back
I'll hitch my wagon to the stars 
So I'll never have a choice 

I'll not turn back to see 
Whether you turned back to see 
One last look of confusion 
Because that's all this was 

A silence made of twisting knives 
Buried deep inside my heart 
For never did I think 
I would write words like these again 

And yet my fingers run away with me 
And tears fall to the surface 
Turning black and splotchy 
Twisted little shadows of their former selves 
Endless letters I never wanted to write 

*From Ã€ la Claire Fontaine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Throwback: Waltzing to the Tune of Rhetoric

Sweet Summer Child: A Love Letter

Review: Vampire Academy #2 - Frostbite