In Love With My Best Friend


Written December 12, 2010

Tonight I said goodbye
To a dream I saw again
Something I once knew
A long time ago
In another life

I could go this distance
And yet another one
But why then do I find myself
Coming back around to this
Little town I cherish in my heart

I could do a million times
Better and the world is mine
For the taking so why
Does everything feel incomplete
Without you around to smile
And make me feel so much better

Forgive me for not leaving
Forgive me for wanting to watch
Over you this night
And the next and every single
Minute of forever

Some things I can't help
So I will let you hide
Somewhere no one can see
Someplace to call our own
Maybe someday I'll take you there

It will be our secret
Our hideout, far away from the distance
That pulls me into the pain
And some nights all I do
Is fall asleep in your arms

These dreams I say goodbye to
Forgive me for turning my back on you
The distance calls and I'm succumbing
To the painless, to the clearing fog
To a future where your smile
Is marked by its absence
Where other dreams spin themselves
Into a web of numb reality

Someday perhaps...
I will be lucky to be in love
With my best friend
All over again...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Throwback: Waltzing to the Tune of Rhetoric

Sweet Summer Child: A Love Letter

Review: Vampire Academy #2 - Frostbite