Pretentious Title About Ode-ing To Love


Photo by Kelly Sikkema on Unsplash

Sittin' on a bench
Smilin' for a pic
You look like you were waitin'
For me to come around

I don't care if I'm wrong
I just wanna sit
Sit around and laugh a lot
Till it's time to leave

Don't think I can do this
Too weak for Destiny's pen
All I wanna think about
Is relishing my Luck

So this is all I'm gonna do
Watch out for me/ here I come
Save me a place on the bench
Right next to you

I smile when you say hi
It makes me even happier
When you say bye
I dunno if that makes sense
But that's the way it is

I love it when you care enough
To look around and smile
I dunno what your problem is
I dunno if you care
But I can tell you that tonight
You're all I'm dreamin' of

I'll take your silence for an aye
All your smiles just sound like nayes
Can you see how my head
Is messed up/ And
how this is all your fault?

There's a long way to go yet
But I wish that you were here
Come to me, hold my hand
And help me hide my tears
I wanna keep dancing
Through the night with you

See you silly dance
Coz you're what keeps me sane

- Written on July 19, 2010.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Throwback: Waltzing to the Tune of Rhetoric

Sweet Summer Child: A Love Letter

Review: Vampire Academy #2 - Frostbite