Laughing Goodbye

Photo by Spencer Pugh on Unsplash

I coax the little monsters
Out from under my bed
Snap their leashes of twine
And set them free again

They're on your case
Like a flash in the pan
That's all you'll ever be
By the time they're done with you

I laugh to see
My heart breaking
I turn away
And close my ears

I can't risk another night
That goes on forever
I can't risk another tear
And this is the last time
I call my baby in

I turn to close the window
The wind still blowing in
See you gazing up at me
From across the garden path
I turn away before you smile
And let the curtains fall

- Laughing Goodbye


Written July 14, 2010

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Throwback: Waltzing to the Tune of Rhetoric

Sweet Summer Child: A Love Letter

Review: Vampire Academy #2 - Frostbite