Throwback: This Last Strand


Written December 23, 2008
Context: Thoughts resulting from anxiously stressing over whether I'd get to home to Dubai for the holidays or not. (Spoiler: Didn't happen).

I don't even want to consider any other alternative, because this tiny little hope is ALL I have left. The only thing that keeps me sane and going.


It's just this tiny presumption, a weak flimsy base to all the fancy castles being built on it, high up in the clouds. One word is enough to send the whole damn thing tumbling to the ground. And yet I keep thinking that if I go into battle believing my own invincibility... believing, blindly believing that nothing can stand in my own way, and that no one will say no to me... everything'll turn out alright.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Throwback: Waltzing to the Tune of Rhetoric

Sweet Summer Child: A Love Letter

Review: Vampire Academy #2 - Frostbite