Comfy Pillows for the Broken Heart


Written September 11, 2010.

Yesterday
As I set off
Back down the path
That leads to sleep
And comfy pillows

I was tempted
To turn around
Look back, maybe
For it was well past
The witching hour

Who knows
What I might have found
Who knows
What expression I might have caught
On your face, offguard

Was it merely the dream
Of the late hour
The magic that hung
Deliberate, in the air
Has made me hungry again

Hungry for Hope
Something that makes me want
To reopen the wound
So recently healed

I'm more sensible
Than witching hours and magic
This I'll have you know
That's why I headed straight down
That road that lead
To sleep and comfy pillows

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Throwback: Waltzing to the Tune of Rhetoric

Sweet Summer Child: A Love Letter

Review: Vampire Academy #2 - Frostbite