Waltz Alone


Written September 7, 2010

Tapping into reserves
Of emotion yet unleashed
My pen sets out
On its solitary tale

The laughter in the wings
The screams from last night
Resound in my head
As I stare into
The unforgiving glare

Some things lurk in the shadow
Others prowl the daylight hours
But if my dreams
Are anything to go by
I'd rather walk the shadows by myself
Than turn around
And face the heat

So I'm dancing by myself
Swaying with the crowd
Wishing for the hands
That should come and hold me close

I'm walking down
This road again
As my shadow holds my hand
Tonight I wish
On a wishing star
And try to hide the pain

Some things can't be hurried
There's no point to running
But the tiny ray of Hope
That keeps me going
Shines like the star
In the Northern Quarter
In a velvet sky
From long ago

And every time I round a corner
I remind myself to smile
For who knows but that it's you
That waits around the bend

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Throwback: Waltzing to the Tune of Rhetoric

Sweet Summer Child: A Love Letter

Review: Vampire Academy #2 - Frostbite