Throwback: Where Angels Fear To Tread


Written December 24th, 2008. A friend's abusive boyfriend got into her account and pretended to be her, calling our friendship off. Obviously, he didn't relish the fact that he'd been called abusive. This was my immediate response - she messaged the next day to clear things up. She and I continue to be best friends, and that abusive piece of shit has long since become history. 

It's good to be reminded that we do win the occasional important battle. 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How do you handle the ultimate betrayal?

I can still not believe that the words I read just five minutes ago were for real. Not a hoax. Not a joke. What happened? Oh, nothing much.

Getting serious, do u think it physically possible for a part of your soul to turn against the other and wound it so deeply that u feel crippled, physically and emotionally? That's what just happened. Oh dear. I foresee a GRAND SPIRAL INTO DEPRESSION ACCOMPANIED BY EMOTIONAL INSTABILITY, LOW SELF ESTEEM AND TEMPER TANTRUMS. Alas! Cataclysmic Apostrophie's!!!! I have been snubbed by my best friend, my soulmate, the light of my life and the apple of my eye. I have no more reason to live.

I turn the pain into sarcasm, laugh it off lightly. A tough shell encases my heart, and the hurt bounces off it. I imagine that it never happened, that I can live this out... who needs her anyway? I know I'm right about him, if she won't listen to me, then #$%^@ her... let her get hurt.
But if she gets hurt, I get hurt.

However, there's nothing I can do about this. I just have to move slowly and carefully. Maybe it'll be alright in the end. A sorry tale it be, if I get what I want, only to lose a more treasured jewel. But at least I have the satisfaction of knowing that I did the right thing, the brave thing, the thing no one else dares to do. I stood up to my best friend.

Here's to you, S... my angel forever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Throwback: Waltzing to the Tune of Rhetoric

Sweet Summer Child: A Love Letter

Review: Vampire Academy #2 - Frostbite