Throwback: Operation Ledge

Photo by Bruno Henrique from Pexels




Written November 30, 2010

The little bird was afraid to fly. All his brothers and sisters had leaped off the ledge and soared upwards, flapping their wings with ease. But he feared the water that lay beneath, swelling hungrily. He feared the wings he had never had to trust before.

The little birdie was pushed off his ledge. He had to fly, or he would fall and be swallowed by the hungry waves below. 

My Therapist on the Roof told me I had no choice. I'd been pushed off the ledge, so I had damn well fly. The problem is, right now, I don't know whether or not I've forgotten to flap my wings. 

I'll start now, before Fear raises its ugly head and roars out loud. It's a scary prospect, which is why I always manage to hold that wolf away. Maybe not this time. Maybe a little scaring is in order. 

When you step back and look at the bigger picture, it scares you, because you're reminded that you're not alone. And then you step further back, and you stop scaring... because you see the picture that's bigger than the bigger picture. The one that tells you it doesn't really matter at all. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Throwback: Waltzing to the Tune of Rhetoric

Sweet Summer Child: A Love Letter

Review: Vampire Academy #2 - Frostbite