Swallowed In My Skin

Crack in the road with a lone band-aid over it.
Photo by Luis Villasmil on Unsplash


The emotions press against my skin, threatening to spill over. Pain and confusion dominate, along with a heart-rending need to scream.

When will it end, ask the invisible scars constantly opening up along my arms and legs; how much longer, ask the pits that open up behind my eyelids. When, asks the scream, right before it explodes into unending blackness and agony.

They don't want to hear the truth, the fact my mind has long since resigned itself to. Never, says my brain softly, hopelessly. Never, I accept, and yet my body continues to rebel in an unending, soundless tantrum. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Throwback: Waltzing to the Tune of Rhetoric

Sweet Summer Child: A Love Letter

Review: Vampire Academy #2 - Frostbite