Untitled Prophecy


Photo by Muhd Asyraaf on Unsplash
I need to smile
And take the dive
I need to turn away
From the future
I saw as clear as day

I need to learn
To laugh again
To lose myself
In this brand new rain

I fight these gusts
That crash against the mountains
That make for new sailing
Into the deep navy blue
Into the locker of Davey Jones

Dreams I once forced
To fade away
Come visit me now
In the twilight hours
When I'm away, just far away

There's something I once knew
Something I forgot but had to let you know
To keep a promise
And honour something
I didn't know I wouldn't need it
So far away from home

So I'm stepping back
On deck; I'm leaving
Floating away on the waves of Time
Riding yet another wave
Knowing there's yet more to come

- Written on July 30, 2010

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Throwback: Waltzing to the Tune of Rhetoric

Sweet Summer Child: A Love Letter

Review: Vampire Academy #2 - Frostbite