Normative

 I don’t remember you anymore.

Photo by Mahdi Bafande on Unsplash

Sometimes I wish I did. Sometimes the vague sense of loss visits, and I’m a loss to explain it away. 

Listen, I got to tell you things that I’ve forgotten how to say. Or even what to say. There’s a part of me that believes - or perhaps, knows - that it’s not over, and it will never be over until you reply. That can’t be helped. Because it is over. Over means over.


Why would I need a massive explanation from you, when the assumptions I've made make no difference to you?


Let me tell you this, however: I hope you fail in life.


And I don't say that out of spite, but rather out of urgency. Because that's how things should be. As you know, I prefer the normative over the positive, and normatively, you deserve a terrible life. That's just the objective facts. That's just what you deserve.


As for what I deserve...


I deserve peace, quiet, and stability. I deserve to go on adventures of my choosing. I deserve laughter and comfort and fun.


And neither you nor anyone else is going to get in my way.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Throwback: Waltzing to the Tune of Rhetoric

Sweet Summer Child: A Love Letter

Review: Vampire Academy #2 - Frostbite