The Roads Taken

 I miss being understood. 

Photo by Christiaan Huynen on Unsplash


I miss speaking the exact same language as you.


I miss saying half sentences or phrases and knowing that you’d know exactly what I’m talking about.


I miss knowing that we don’t even need to use full words or sentences for whatever we’re talking about. Understanding, I thought, flowed like water. 


You said we had nothing in common, and I was so confused. We had everything in common. Not lame things like music or movies, not the stuff that didn’t matter in the least. 


We had the exact same brain. Or so I thought. 


But we arrived at that brain travelling very different paths, and that has made all the difference.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Throwback: Waltzing to the Tune of Rhetoric

Sweet Summer Child: A Love Letter

Review: Vampire Academy #2 - Frostbite