Show You the Shape of My Heart

I live a million lives in my dreams, and each time I wake up I die a new death, forever separated from those realities I grew to love so much. 


Photo by trail on Unsplash

And yet again I lived a million waking lives, and you walked my dreams and living nightmares, promising strength and providing an endless freefall.

Descending into madness I swore I would never think of you again and yet here you are again, wearing new faces and laughing with me, at me, about me, and worst of all forgetting. 

Share with me your secrets, friend, by which you wiped every last vestige of me from your life. 

Share with me your life's essence, friend, that I may be healed, that I may once again live and walk the earth as a person, worthy of notice, and deserving of love. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Throwback: Waltzing to the Tune of Rhetoric

Sweet Summer Child: A Love Letter

Review: Vampire Academy #2 - Frostbite