Elsecalling

Don't insult my grief by giving it words.

Don't pretend my pain means anything.

Or nothing at all.

Photo by Vladimir Kondratyev on Unsplash

Excuse me while I slip away 

To somewhere the rules don't matter 

And everything is made 

To be unmade, broken and mended again 


Forget I was here, please 

I'm much happier in the Elsewhere 

Sipping sunshine drinks under a parasol 

At a table on the edge of the vast empty 


If you'd like to join me there 

You'll find that world can open up 

Fill itself with possibilities 

With a lack of loneliness, with joy 


I'll reverse everything, darling 

I'll turn back time itself, and sickness

I'll master death and push it back 

You'll see/ Come away with me


Back into the Elsewhere 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Throwback: Waltzing to the Tune of Rhetoric

Sweet Summer Child: A Love Letter

Review: Vampire Academy #2 - Frostbite