Chemical Reactions vs. Rationalisation

A while ago I made an alt purely for talking openly about heartbreak and love. 
 

Photo by freestocks.org from Pexels

I followed a bunch of similar accounts there but posted very little. 

And what I've realised is that I'm now in the habit of pathologising heartbreak - analysing it for the psychological reasons behind our reactions to rejection and loss. And that I'm now completely incapable of speaking of these reactions in terms of love.

I no longer think, 'Oh, X loves Y'. I think 'X suffers from attachment issues, or RSD, and might benefit from rejection therapy or CBT or something.'

Oh, well. At least I have those heartbroken Twitter feeds to re-learn humanity from. Here's to turning 30.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Throwback: Waltzing to the Tune of Rhetoric

Sweet Summer Child: A Love Letter

Review: Vampire Academy #2 - Frostbite