Bane

 

Reposted from Twitter user @AlnaouqA Watermark on image reads: Anas Al-Shareef Dated: Possibly January 2024
Reposted from Twitter user @AlnaouqA
Watermark on image reads: Anas Al-Shareef
Dated: Possibly January 2024
Location: Possibly Al Jabalia Refugee Camp, Gaza, Palestine 


Crawl back into the shadows from whence we came 
Every last achievement turn'd to ash and blood 
Something somewhere laughs at what we have to say 
Dancing puppets treading safeties / Giving sanity away 

I'm alive! Look at me 
Look at the things I carved 
Out of flesh and blood my own 
Out of spite and fury thine 

I'm alive! A win, a victory snatched 
From the jaws of life 
I turn triumphantly into the silence to find
The laughter of children silenced forever 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Throwback: Waltzing to the Tune of Rhetoric

Sweet Summer Child: A Love Letter

Review: Vampire Academy #2 - Frostbite