Kiss of Life

 

Who are you, mortal, that I must dream of floating forever in your arms? 

Photo by Jiroe on Unsplash

Who are you, mortal, that I must dream of floating forever in your arms? Who are you, that I must treasure you in dreams yet to come, and hold your smile in the curve of my smile?

Who are you, that you dare touch my skin and bring back to it the glow of life? Who are you, that you make me die a little less each day?

Why must you hang about to watch the unveiling of the person I am become? Why should I feel beautiful at the mere sound of your voice?

Who are you, mortal, that you dare to claim that you will save me?

And who am I, that I dare to believe you?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Throwback: Waltzing to the Tune of Rhetoric

Sweet Summer Child: A Love Letter

Review: Vampire Academy #2 - Frostbite