Throwback: Getting Started (Femme Fatale)



This was my first blogpost ever - way back in 2008. That blog is no longer public, but I figure I can transport some of those posts on to here. Note: It's been edited for terrible sentence structure and internet lingo. That was a bad phase. We've all been there. And I've added little notes from my present day reading of it, which leaves me in splits - those edits are in red.

Hmm.. Look who's just jumped on the blogging bandwagon!

Blogs have always been someplace for me to kill other people with my tales of sorrow and misery and whatnot.. [Dramatic, wasn't I?]
Anyway, considering my addiction to writing n journals, let's just say I'm not too surprised.

First off, I'm not exactly in the happiest of moods after my 10th board FIASCO. There aren't many other words that can describe it so well. [I can think of a.. No, actually, that describes it pretty well.]

I mean, come on. After 10 whole years of prep, when almost everyone on earth gets better marks.. It hurts like hell, take it from me. [Wow, I felt really strongly about this back then, didn't I?]

To tell you the truth, after eight years of getting better marks, one does get a little snobbish and also very sure of one's own capabilities. Which (apparently) means considering other human beings incapable of intelligence. This has been a real eye opener. 


Now I seriously find myself doubting my own intellectual capacity, and I actually burst out laughing when I hear someone talking about how smart I am, as opposed to feeling all nice n warm deep inside.

Not that people talk about how smart I am all that very much anymore.

Oh hey, is dat a record 4 most no of 'dat' in a sentence???? (sic) [Yes, it probably is. I regret that readers here won't be able to appreciate the full strength of the 'dat' game this post had, but it's probably for the best.]

*sigh*

I end with a toast to missed opportunities and screwed up relationships.

[Ooh, this relationship. It's hilarious, thinking about it now, but that guy is celebrating his first wedding anniversary next month.]

- Written on May 31, 2008.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Throwback: Waltzing to the Tune of Rhetoric

Sweet Summer Child: A Love Letter

Review: Vampire Academy #2 - Frostbite