Unconcern


The night rushes past 
Unconcern/ Filling every breath 
Of wind/ In my hair 
These familiar roads 
Dark and silent/ masking 
What I fear the most 

These shops loom tall/ Shadows 
Of memory lengthened/ Many miles 
Behind them lying/ These posts could tell
Tales of what I seek/ And wish 
Never to find/ I choose 
Not to ask/ I cringe 
Before the wind/ I hide 
And close my eyes/ I pray 
They will never find me again 

This city has been burned to ashes 
In my mind/ This city died 
But I have no home 
Left to go/ Have nowhere 
To turn to now/ I must 
Snoop/ And pray I'm hidden 
Must shy/ Away 
From joy unbidden 
On that road lies pain unfolded/ Pain 
Untold in a thousand knives/ Pain 
Unending in a million lives 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Throwback: Waltzing to the Tune of Rhetoric

Sweet Summer Child: A Love Letter

Review: Vampire Academy #2 - Frostbite