Leave Letter


What words a-wasted lie 
As I fight for breath and sleep 
What silence chokes the air 
As a war is fought/ Twixt 
Bad choices/ No win in sight 
Branded either way 
No patience lies 
And fear is in the air 

Exhaustion/ Short drop
Sudden stop/ End of line 
Temptation curves/ The edge 
Of my vision blurring 
Easy enough/ To lay back, let
It pass/ But be! Good citizen
Good employee/ Even though 
Your contributions go
Up in smoke/ Now be!
The right thing, the right thing
Be! Derided though you tried

As melody rolls through 
I feel knots relaxing/ Eyes 
Closing/ Sympathy and love 
Flowing by/ And I with it 
Yet here/ Dark seeds 
Of guilt flowering/ Taking root 
Growing tall/ Enough to rip 
Through my brain/ Turn 
Eyes jellylike/ I pray 
That pain does recede/ Pray
That certainty does return

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Throwback: Waltzing to the Tune of Rhetoric

Sweet Summer Child: A Love Letter

Review: Vampire Academy #2 - Frostbite