A Bad Phase


This is a bad phase 
I tell the pair of round 
Trusting eyes/ Staring back at me 
I don't even know 
If I said it out loud 
But I hope he understood me 
I hope/ Like he has a choice 
Just a bad phase, I say
As blood congeals on the floor 
Suspicious bits of litter 
Forming him an obstacle course 

A bad phase/ Of broken shards 
Of glass lying forgotten 
In the no-fly zone/ Twice already 
I've cut myself on them 
As I tried to charter 
Just a simple daily flight 
Of fancy/ a bad, bad...

The doors are shut 
Tight, securely locked/ The smell inside 
Is unbearable/ But we don't dare 
Open a window for fear 
Of what might escape/ Stop
Trying to break that door down 
With your hard, square head
We don't need- / Too late 
The screaming starts/ I rush 
To slam the door/ Push 

A chair against it/ The screaming 
Will never stop/ Fueling
Flames of fury/ Won't stop 
Till the house burns 
Down with the rest of us in it 
My secret shame/ The reason why 
I cannot call anyone home 
Home is the people in it 
And we are all right now 
Stuck, stuck in a very bad phase 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Throwback: Waltzing to the Tune of Rhetoric

Sweet Summer Child: A Love Letter

Review: Vampire Academy #2 - Frostbite