The Atheist's Prayer


The atheist called out 
To the god she knew didn't exist 

If you won't do your job/ she said 
Give it up, give it to me / Lay 
Down your burden Lord I see
How you are weighted down in sorrow I see
How you need to let your fingers rest I see
How your creations (are we your creations?)
Have slipped beyond your might 
How the taste of bitter failure blackens 
Your tongue / Lord lay down
Your burdens for I am here/ I wish
I could say I do not judge you
For your failures/ the mess you have made 
But I look
Upon your works with disgust for your time 
Is over/ Your welcome 
Overstayed and to linger longer is
To invite a battle/ for I will
Fight you for the hate you have spread
For these the least of your children that you let
Be trodden and crushed/ for even though
Your power is lost you should have 
Come down and died for us/ you should have 
Come down and died instead of us

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Throwback: Waltzing to the Tune of Rhetoric

Sweet Summer Child: A Love Letter

Review: Vampire Academy #2 - Frostbite