Politikk

I've been looking forward to this for days. 

Photo by EVG Kowalievska

The moment when my entire family finally leaves my home. The moment I get to be home alone after months.

I'd even planned ahead - just a few activities I'd been saving up. They primarily involved eating an entire bar of chocolate and drinking coke out of the bottle. (Haven't changed much since my teens, have I?) 

Well, I should have planned further ahead, because I've run out of things to do in just a few hours. What did I do, the year before last, which is the last time I remember being truly alone? 

 And more importantly, how did I hold out this long without committing homicides? 

In addition to the chocolate and the coke, I've also:

  • Called for Cinnamon approximately 17 times 
  • Been rejected by Cinnamon approximately 16 times 
  • Supervised a meeting between Mangy Calico and the second son she abandoned on my doorstep. 
  • Consoled said son when she hissed at him, rejected him, and ran away at the sight of him. 
  • Fed the cats and moved them from room to room so the shyer ones would get time in all the rooms without worrying about being jumped by the not-so-shy cats.
Ah, yes, I begin to remember how I would spend my time. Cat politik.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Throwback: Waltzing to the Tune of Rhetoric

Sweet Summer Child: A Love Letter

Review: Vampire Academy #2 - Frostbite