The Strong, The Weak, The Unwell

 

Weakness is a cancer.
Photo by Heather Ford on Unsplash

Not just because it stands for the obvious flaws an enemy can attack, but also because we mutually need to put up a show of strength. One's weakness sets off another's - a contagious virus that sweeps through the unit, reminding all of us that we're way past our limits and need to lie down now. 

For these reasons do we feel our hackles rise at the sight of weakness, and set our sights to destroying it in another and ourself with extreme prejudice. 

For these reasons do I flag and waver in my resolution to forgive myself. For these reasons am I unable to remind myself of the Why. 

For to say that I am unwell, is unacceptable weakness, as is the illness itself. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Throwback: Waltzing to the Tune of Rhetoric

Sweet Summer Child: A Love Letter

Review: Vampire Academy #2 - Frostbite